Writing a new (socket ) system call

Sandeep Kumar Davu sdavu at kent.edu
Tue Jul 1 23:59:09 PDT 2003

Hi,
I am scanning throug the freeBSD source code and wanted to know somethin about
the bind system call. I could follow through the code till sobind and after
that pru_bind routine is called in uipc_socket.c. Then suddenly in
tcp_usrreq.c there is tcp_usr_bind. I am wondering how these 2 can be related.
I think i am missing something. i wanted it because I am writing a new system
call that has to navigate to the tcp_usrreq.c. Can anyone help me out with
this. It would be of great help if u can do so.

Thanks.
Sandeep.