USB serial support on FreeBSD 3.5?

Les Biffle les at ns3.safety.net
Tue Jul 1 11:36:10 PDT 2003

(I tried searching the mailing list archives, and suspect that the search
engine is broken.  It returned "Nothing found" no matter what I requested.)

I need two serial ports on a modern server running our 3.5-based firewall
code, but the 1U servers I find have only one serial port.  I need one
for console and one for our dongle, and wondered if there was stable
USB serial adaptor support in 3.5?  Would my dongle code (that assumes
a "normal" serial port) have trouble accessing a serial dongle by way
of USB?

TIA,

-Les

--
Les Biffle
CISSP               Information Systems Security Consultant