cvsuping ports problem

Erik Trulsson ertr1013 at student.uu.se
Fri Dec 26 03:58:22 PST 2003

On Fri, Dec 26, 2003 at 01:00:54PM +0200, Vencislav Velkov wrote:
> Hello all,
> I am not sure if the problem resides to this mailing list, but will
> post it, so I appologize if this is the wrong place.

When in doubt about which of the freebsd mailing lists is the correct
one, the answer is freebsd-questions.  Questions that do not clearly
belong elsewhere should be sent there.

> I am trying to setup a freebsd repository,
> but have problems with fetching the ports collection.
> Here is my config file:
>
> *default host=cvsup.uk.freebsd.org
> *default prefix=/mnt/72/cvs
> *default base=/mnt/72/cvs
> *default release=cvs delete use-rel-suffix
>
> ports-all
>
> I am fetching the src-all without problems but when fetching the ports it stops on:
> Running
> Updating collection ports-all/cvs
>  Create ports/.cvsignore,v
>  Create ports/INDEX,v
>
> and freezes.

Does it really freeze, or does it just take a very long time?
That particular file (ports/INDEX,v) is about 66MB in size, which
indicates it might be the latter.

--
<Insert your favourite quote here.>
Erik Trulsson