ASUS P4P800-VM + AD1980 (Was Re: VIA8235 + AD1980)

Rudolf Cejka cejkar at fit.vutbr.cz
Wed Aug 20 02:52:46 PDT 2003

Wilko Bulte wrote (2003/08/20):
> On Tue, Aug 19, 2003 at 07:09:40AM -0700, Orion Hodson wrote:
> > Rather than "defensively" assign the input monitor control
> > (SOUND_MIXER_MONITOR) to an output, it'd be better to use a separate output
> > control, eg add a control for SOUND_MIXER_OGAIN, should it actually be
> > necessary.

I think that SOUND_MIXER_OGAIN should be used just for 4 or 6 channel
configuration. However, by default the chip seems to be 2 channel and
main volume is simply controlled by lineout, headphone, or surround,
depending on something.

> hi, sorry for jumping in late: what is/is not now in 4.8-stable
> as far as the patches go to make the Asus P4P800 work?

It looks problematic. Does anybody know, how to really get
information, how the chip is connected on the mainboard?

> But no sound, as reported earlier.

I have updated my "... :o)" patches in
ftp://ftp.FreeBSD.cz/pub/FreeBSD-local/ich which would fix volume
control atleast on AD1885 and no sound on AD1980/AD1985 (and break
the same things for the others). They are for -current, but the same
change should work for -stable too. Does they work for you?

--
Rudolf Cejka <cejkar at fit.vutbr.cz> http://www.fit.vutbr.cz/~cejkar
Brno University of Technology, Faculty of Information Technology