new routing protocol

Ping Pan pingpan at cs.columbia.edu
Tue Aug 19 18:10:11 PDT 2003

Hi,

I wrote a socket family SOCK_IPOPTION several years ago, where you can
intercept any IP option. In your application, you can open this kind of
sockets to receive control messages, and use raw sockets to send. At the
same time, use the standard routing sockets to play in the userland.

The work was done in 4.2 though. Porting it to 5.0 should be simple.

http://www1.cs.columbia.edu/~pingpan/software_list.htm

- Ping