nmbclusters and nmbufs

Varshavchick Alexander alex at metrocom.ru
Tue Aug 19 00:53:08 PDT 2003

Hi,

Can anybody advise please if I want to increase nmbclusters option in
kernel, can I just type
	sysctl kern.ipc.nmbclusters="16384"
without rebooting the server, or is the only way to set the NMBCLUSTERS
option in kernel, install the new kernel and reboot?

And secondly, also I need to increase nmbufs kernel option, but there
seems to be no such option in LINT, what should I tweak?
	sysctl kern.ipc.nmbufs="32768" without rebooting
or
	kern.ipc.nmbufs="32768" in /boot/loader.conf and reboot?

Thanks

----
Alexander Varshavchick, Metrocom Joint Stock Company
Phone: (812)118-3322, 118-3115(fax)