Missing system call in linux emulation ( patch )

Robert Watson rwatson at freebsd.org
Thu Aug 14 12:19:04 PDT 2003

On Thu, 14 Aug 2003, Steven Hartland wrote:

> I've created a patch for the linux emulation which adds a dummy for the
> exit_group syscall along with defining all functions up to 252 this
> fixes a crash in the BattleField 1942 server. How do I go about getting
> this into the various FreeBSD streams so others can benifit.

File a PR, please.  BTW, I saw this on the OpenBSD source-changes list
recently and remembered the missing system call thread here:

  CVSROOT:        /cvs
  Module name:    src
  Changes by:     fgsch at cvs.openbsd.org   2003/08/14 12:34:15

  Modified files:
          sys/compat/linux: syscalls.master

  Log message:
  add more syscalls. implement exit_group (which is actually an alias for
  sys_exit), needed for newer glibc's binaries.
  from marius aamodt eriksen <marius at monkey dot org>

Assuming that this is the right approach to solving the problem, we could
probably pull that change into our linux emulator.

robert at fledge.watson.org      Network Associates Laboratories