possible deadlocks?

Robert Watson rwatson at freebsd.org
Thu Aug 7 11:16:30 PDT 2003

On Wed, 6 Aug 2003, Ted Unangst wrote:

> My advisor Dawson Engler has written a deadlock detector, and we'd like
> some verification. They look like bugs, unless there is some other
> reason why two call chains cannot happen at the same time.

Neat -- sounds like two good catches given the responses so far.  Can we
expect more such reports forthcoming?  This kind of help will be
invaluable in finishing up the fine-grained locking work.  Alternatively,
do you plan to post the software?  Is this static or dynamic analysis?
etc, etc?  :-)

robert at fledge.watson.org      Network Associates Laboratories