Ultra ATA card doesn't seem to provide Ultra speeds. - SOLVED

Buckie freebsd1 at centrum.cz
Wed Aug 6 12:39:20 PDT 2003

Hello folks.
Some of you may remember my trouble with SI0680-based ULTRADMA ATA
controller card. Well, the problem was obvivously the faulty card.
After replacing it works fine.

I don't know what magic Soeren has put in the SI driver, but unlike
Windows it never crashed, never hang, it even tried to use UDMA modes.
So kudos to Soeren for writing quality drivers like that one.

I also remember Peter Kiesser has had some issues with drives falling
back to PIO with SIS controller. I had this too on the drive that FreeBSD5.1_RELEASE used to start
from. So now we know this can be an issue with a broken controller.
(It doesn't fall back to PIO here after replacement is made). Again,
thanks to Soeren it just magically worked (as best as it could
obvivously) in spite of all the fish.

That's all!