getfsent(3) and spaces in fstab

Simon Barner barner at in.tum.de
Tue Aug 5 03:06:02 PDT 2003

Hi,

> Check PR 37569: This bugged the hell out of me also, so I created a
> patch to allow enclosing the device name in quotes. The PR was logged
> over a year ago: I can't remember the details, but the source has been
> sitting silently in my tree and working since then. Whatever way the
> problem is resolved, can someone close the PR?

I can't believe it... I have searched the PR database, Google, etc. for
existing solutions to this problem, but I did not find yours. I also
considered using quotes, but since you need escape-sequences to encode
quotes in your solution, too, the approach using '\ ', '\<TAB>', '\\' is
simpler and cleaner IMHO.

Simon