Netgraph node, first steps in kernel land and a bloody crash dump

Brian Buchanan bwb at holo.org
Sun Aug 3 22:52:30 PDT 2003

> OK, what we see here is that the printf call calls putchar() to print
> the individual characters.  The one it's printing now is 0x69 (frame
> 7), lowercase 'i'.  That's not in the (first) string passed to
> printf(), but it could be in another parameter, or in the format
> string.

It's actually 69 decimal, or 'E', which would be consistent with the
format string.  Looking at line 355 of subr_prf.c, I'm going to hazard a
guess that something smashed the value of v_putc, which should have been
pointing to cnputc().  Could have been a stack smash inside cnputc, too,
but I don't see any obvious way that could have happened.

- Brian

--
Brian Buchanan, CISSP                                         bwb at holo.org