Regarding FreeBSD GTK3

Kazuo Kuroi kazuok at projectkitsune.com
Sat Jul 11 00:57:56 UTC 2020

Hi

I am inquiring as an active FreeBSD desktop user whose been stuck on GTK2-based Palemoon (now deleted and obsolete) for over a year now. After conversing with a colleague of mine, I was informed that KissLinux has patches to remove dbus, which I do not want on FreeBSD, from GTK3. Is there any chance that you could consider making dbus an optional dependency for GTK3?

https://github.com/kisslinux/repo/tree/master/extra/

This has their repository information and how they build it.

If this is not possible on the GTK30 port, could you consider a gtk30-minimal?

Some of us do not want linuxisms like dbus installed on FreeBSD. I am separately contacting Firefox's maintainer for assistance.

I am not skilled enough to make these changes myself.

Best regards.