FreeBSD/polkit port build problem

Andrew Hamilton-Wright andrew.hamilton-wright at uoguelph.ca
Thu Feb 7 12:55:47 UTC 2019

Dear Gnome maintainer,

I have been asked to report a failure when building the port /usr/ports/sysutils/polkit, by the build system.

System uname:
FreeBSD qemg.org 11.2-RELEASE-p9 FreeBSD 11.2-RELEASE-p9 #0: Tue Feb  5 15:30:36 UTC 2019     root at amd64-builder.daemonology.net:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  amd64

Dir:
/usr/ports/sysutils/polkit

Command:
make

Output tail:
checking for msgfmt... /usr/local/bin/msgfmt
checking for gmsgfmt... /usr/local/bin/msgfmt
checking for perl... /usr/local/bin/perl
checking for perl >= 5.8.1... 5.28.1
checking for XML::Parser... configure: error: XML::Parser perl module is required for intltool
===>  Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.
Please report the problem to gnome at FreeBSD.org [maintainer] and attach the
"/usr/ports/sysutils/polkit/work/polkit-0.114/config.log" including the output
of the failure of your make command. Also, it might be a good idea to provide
an overview of all packages installed on your system (e.g. a
/usr/local/sbin/pkg-static info -g -Ea).
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make[1]: stopped in /usr/ports/sysutils/polkit
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/ports/sysutils/polkit

#

Any advice appreciated.  I am attempting to build this subsystem in order to get the "gnuplot" port working.

Thanks,
Andrew.