evince security vulnerability

Kevin Oberman rkoberman at gmail.com
Tue Jan 9 04:14:39 UTC 2018

On Mon, Jan 8, 2018 at 7:09 PM, Andrew Perry via freebsd-gnome <
freebsd-gnome at freebsd.org> wrote:

> g'day,
> I see that the evince 3.18 port has a vulnerability.
> https://vuxml.freebsd.org/freebsd/01a197ca-67f1-11e7-
> a266-28924a333806.html
>
> Is this likely to be updated at some stage? My apologies if you're already
> doing something about this, but I have a machine that has been whinging to
> me about it for a while now.
>
> regardsandrew

The same CVE for atril was fixed some time ago as the Mate folks backported
the fix to 1.18.1 while the evince fix only went into 3.20.1. Still, 3.20
might e a bit more tractable than 3.24, but still might not play with the
rest of Gnome 3.18. I run Mate, not gnome, so am not in a position to try a
backport to 3.18. The fix was to just disable the CBT tar capability and
remove the option, so it should be fairly do-able with the 3.20 fix as a
reference.
E-mail: rkoberman at gmail.com