FreeBSD Port: x11/cinnamon

Dave dhenzler at sonic.net
Fri Dec 1 16:59:31 UTC 2017

I've just loaded FreeBSD version 11.1 and have not been able to get
cinnamon to run.  I did get Gnome3 desktop to run, but that isn't where
I want to be.

Can someone give me a step by step how to get cinnamon operating.  All
of the cinnamon stuff is loaded from /usr/ports.

Please...

Dave Henzler 252 648-0231

*cinnamon* Fork of GNOME Shell with layout similar to GNOME 2
*2.4.6_7* x11 <https://www.freshports.org/x11/> on this many watch lists
<https://www.freshports.org/faq.php#watchlistcount>=2 search for ports
that depend on this port
<https://www.freshports.org/search.php?stype=depends_all&method=match&query=x11/cinnamon>
Find issues related to this port
<https://bugs.freebsd.org/bugzilla/buglist.cgi?component=Individual%20Port%28s%29&list_id=28394&product=Ports%20%26%20Packages&query_format=advanced&resolution=---&short_desc=x11%2Fcinnamon&short_desc_type=allwordssubstr>
Report an issue related to this port
<https://bugs.freebsd.org/bugzilla/enter_bug.cgi?component=Individual%20Port%28s%29&product=Ports%20%26%20Packages&short_desc=x11%2Fcinnamon>
    *Maintainer:* gnome at FreeBSD.org
    <mailto:gnome at FreeBSD.org?subject=FreeBSD%20Port:%20x11/cinnamon>
    search for ports maintained by this maintainer
    <https://www.freshports.org/search.php?stype=maintainer&method=exact&query=gnome@FreeBSD.org>
    *Port Added:* 19 Nov 2014 11:49:29
    *Also Listed In:* gnome <https://www.freshports.org/gnome/>
    *License:* not specified in port

    Cinnamon is a Linux desktop which provides advanced innovative features and a
    traditional user experience.

    The desktop layout is similar to Gnome 2.
    The underlying technology is forked from Gnome Shell.
    The emphasis is put on making users feel at home and providing them with an
    easy to use and comfortable desktop experience.

    WWW:http://cinnamon.linuxmint.com/