Gnome-Photos does not sync to google photos

doug dgilmore76 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 28 19:14:47 UTC 2016

Hello,
I'm running FreeBSD 10.3 BETA2, Gnome3.18.3 installed from packages.

Online accounts is setup for my google account, to sync email,
documents, photos, etc.

Gnome-photos is not syncing any pictures from my google photos account.
When opening gnome-photos, a message is displayed: "No photos found.
You can add your online accounts in settings.

Locally stored photos display normally.

Console output is:
$ gnome-photos
GEGL-geglmodule.c-Message: Module '/usr/local/lib/gegl-0.3/v4l.so' load
error: /usr/local/lib/gegl-0.3/v4l.so: Undefined symbol "v4lgrabinit

** (gnome-photos:3468): WARNING **: Unable to update the cache:
GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name
org.gnome.OnlineMiners.GData was not provided by any .service files

** (gnome-photos:3468): WARNING **: Unable to fetch the list of
available renderers:
GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name
com.intel.dleyna-renderer was not provided by any .service files

Any suggestions on getting this working? Online accounts seems to work
otherwise as Evolution is working for this account.

Thank you,
Doug Gilmore