FreeBSD Port: net/avahi-app

Reiner Steffens reiner.steffens at gmail.com
Sat Jan 25 23:30:28 UTC 2014

Hi There,
Following updating my (test) system to 10-RELEASE, I'm facing a bit of a challenge with avahi-app.

Followed update instructions to the letter - stock release kernel, all ports current and re-cpompiled.
Resulting in signal 11 at init of avahi-daemon.

OK, 1st assumption: my bad...

Started over from a fresh 10-Release install, also serves as steps to reproduce
Get a clean 10-RELEASE (FreeBSD-10.0-RELEASE-amd64-memstick.img) and install with defaults.
After reboot:

	portsnap fetch
	portsnap extract
	portsnap update

update(d) as needed with portmaster

/user/ports/net/avahi-app
	make install clean
		all dependencies built with their respective defaults

Same result, avahi-daemon segfaults and a dumps core.

How may I be of assistance?

Thanks for your help in advance,
Reiner