finance/gnucash Help and Custom Reports broken after upgrade to 2.6.0

John Marshall john.marshall at riverwillow.com.au
Mon Jan 13 23:50:26 UTC 2014

[Please CC me as I am not subscribed to this list]

gnome@ is listed as the MAINTAINER for gnucash and gnucash-docs, so I'm
supposing that this is the right place to ask these questions. Please
point me at the correct mailing list (office? ports?) if I'm wrong.

 FreeBSD	9.2-RELEASE i386
 Xfce		4.10_6
 gnucash	2.6.0	(was 2.4.13_1)
 gnucash-docs	2.6.0	(was 2.4.1_1)
 ports tree	^/head r339270

After upgrading ports from the r339270 tree I have not been able to
figure out how to access custom report templates (.scm files), or access
the product Help. Everything works if I revert to backup packages from
the previous versions.

REPORTS

I can see from the Gnucash release notes that config stuff changed
between 2.4 and 2.6 but I don't see any clues as to what I'm supposed to
do to migrate settings. Is this documented somewhere?

In ~/.gnucash/config.user I have a list of statements like:

  (load "foo.scm") ;;

I'm guessing that perhaps the config.user file and the .scm files need
to be copied somewhere else; if so, where?

HELP

Selecting either the Tutorial or Contents options from the Help menu
yields a pop-up dialogue window with messages like:

  The file ‘//usr/local/share/doc/gnucash-docs/gnucash-guide.xml’ does
not exist.

The message reflects reality and find(1) tells me that the required file
lives in:

  /usr/local/share/gnome/help/gnucash-guide/C/gnucash-guide.xml
  /usr/local/share/gnome/help/gnucash-guide/de/gnucash-guide.xml
  /usr/local/share/gnome/help/gnucash-guide/it/gnucash-guide.xml
  /usr/local/share/gnome/help/gnucash-guide/ja/gnucash-guide.xml

How do I tell gnucash where to look?

Reverting to 2.4.13 means that I'm not stuck at present, but I do
realize that I need to upgrade and move on.

Thank you for any assistance you may be able to provide; and thank you
for maintaining these ports. Pointers to documentation which explains
all this would be appreciated.

--
John Marshall