No VNC support in net/vinagre?

Kevin Oberman rkoberman at gmail.com
Sat Nov 30 23:48:19 UTC 2013

Recently the VNC support in vinagre has vanished. It runs but reports that
"The protocol vnc is not supported." I have confirmed that gnome-vnc is
installed (and re-installed it) and that vnc.vinagre-plugin and libvnc.so
are installed.

Any idea what might trigger this? It was working fine one day and broken
the next. The problem started around the beginning of November and I see no
changes to either vinagre or gtk-vnc. It may have been about the time of
the libtasn1 update which triggered a re-build of a bunch of ports. Did the
API change in some incompatible way?

Any ideas? Is anyone else seeing this? I really need vnc to access a
windows system.

System is:
FreeBSD rogue.local 9.2-STABLE FreeBSD 9.2-STABLE #0 r256657M: Wed Oct 16
23:50:11 PDT 2013     root at rogue.local:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  amd64

All ports are current as of this morning.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
E-mail: rkoberman at gmail.com