the mate port

Koop Mast kwm at rainbow-runner.nl
Thu Nov 28 20:18:56 UTC 2013

On 25/11/2013 18:24, clutton wrote:
> On Mon, 2013-11-11 at 23:44 +0100, Koop Mast wrote:
>> On 11/11/13 19:01, Eric Turgeon wrote:
>>> Hi Kris,
>>>
>>> Mate is probably ready for porting. I just need to make sure that the last
>>> update work well.
>>>

>> It is on my plate, I just want to tackle one issue and then it should be
>> ready. If I dedicate a night I might get it done. About gnome3 we
>> managed to iron out some major problems with ajacoutot@ from OpenBSD
>> pointing us in the right directions. Some smaller (and hopefull easier)
>> problems still there, but in general it about commit ready. We just need
>> to think up a way of dropping this in ports with the minimal amount of
>> fuss (yes gnome2 will die at the same time).
>>
>> -Koop

> Well done! I've realised now that not everything is working so good.
> But it's better to have this here than in Marcus ports.
>
> The main problem now is other ports, which depend on gnome2, you know
> libgnomeui, gnome-keyring.
>
> More people will help to resolve those problems, I hope.

About gnome2, only the desktop ports are going away, ports like
gnome-panel, gnome-session, gnome-desktop (or beter said updated to
there 3.x version). I won't be touching libgnomeui and the like. And yes
gnome-keyring is going to be a "issue" port that will need a solution. I
just started to looking at ports that use gnome-panel and
evolution-data-server.

-Koop