GTK+3.0 application does not show some existing icons

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Mon May 6 05:08:05 UTC 2013

El día Sunday, May 05, 2013 a las 10:06:23PM +0200, Koop Mast escribió:

> On 4-5-2013 20:06, Matthias Apitz wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have a problem with some GTK+3 application not showing some existing
> > icons of the gnome-icon-theme. To nail it down, I went to some GTK tutorial
> > pages and hacked together a simple application (attached) which can be
> > compiled with just:
>
> The program got eaten by mailman, could you put it on a webspace somewhere?
>
> -Koop
>
> > $ gcc -g image.c `pkg-config --cflags --libs gtk+-3.0` -o image
> >
> > and shows the first argument as icon name, for example:
> >
> > $ ./image document-print-preview

The C code can be fetched from here http://www.unixarea.de/image.c

The problem is solved meanwhile. I got to know that I have to start the

$ /usr/local/libexec/gnome-settings-daemon &

which is not launched by default for KDE users (like me). I have updated
the Wiki page about how to compile and start Ekiga (this was the
application I was debugging):

http://wiki.ekiga.org/index.php/Compile_your_own_SVN_version_of_Ekiga_on_FreeBSD

Would be nice, though, if someone could explain how the icon files are
coming from the disk to the GTK application, because they are not
visible in the truss log. Thanks

	matthias

--
Matthias Apitz               |  /"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign: www.asciiribbon.org