[HEADS UP] charset.alias

Greg Larkin glarkin at FreeBSD.org
Wed Oct 10 01:52:17 UTC 2012


-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

On 10/8/12 10:23 AM, Alex Dupre wrote:
> Alex Dupre ha scritto:
>> the latest update to devel/patch spotted a (new, at least for
>> me) problem related to charset.alias file. After a little
>> research I found that gettext install both charset.alias and
>> locale.alias and no other ports should install them. So
>> devel/patch should be fixed. But in my research I found another
>> issue: charset.alias probably should be actually installed by
>> converters/libiconv, and in fact it installs a private copy in a
>> different directory. And actually the one installed by libiconv
>> is quite correct, while the one installed by gettext is wrong (it
>> was correct for FreeBSD 4.x that misses nl_langinfo()). In the
>> end, a created a patch for the following affected ports: 
>> converters/libiconv devel/gettext devel/patch 
>> ports-mgmt/portlint
>> 
>> Please have a look at it and comment.
> 
> I've added converters/recode to the patch and updated/improved it.
> 
> I have received zero feedback until now.
> 

Please feel free to apply your diffs and commit the update to devel/patch.

Thank you,
Greg

- -- 
Greg Larkin

http://www.FreeBSD.org/           - The Power To Serve
http://www.sourcehosting.net/     - Ready. Set. Code.
http://twitter.com/cpucycle/      - Follow you, follow me
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.12 (Darwin)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://www.enigmail.net/

iEYEARECAAYFAlB01M0ACgkQ0sRouByUApAzKgCeMdCpD05T+1aDm2f9cIdJwykb
oaQAn1ujxvFRHjswKZpCazyInQ/0faeo
=twsx
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----


More information about the freebsd-gnome mailing list