Gnome3 startup cannot progress beyond stage of black screen

Denise H. G. darcsis at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 08:32:52 UTC 2012


On 2012/10/05 at 05:11, maskor maskor <maskor at inbox.com> wrote:
> 
> Dear all,
> I am running x86_64 FreeBSD 9.1-RC1 with NVIDIA 8600 GT graphic card
> (driver version : 304-51 provided by x11/nvidia-driver port).
> 
> I want to use Gnome so I have installed gnome 3 from Marcus recommendation.
> 
> At startup gnome 3 is launched but stays for ever at stage of black
> screen with watch form cursor without to reach the stage of gnome 3
> login window.
> 
> I need your help to fix that problem.

the gnome-shell port needs some extra patches to get things done for me.
I don't know whether it's my problem or that of the original port. With
the patches GNOME 3 could be running without many problems here.

> 
> Thanks
> 
> ____________________________________________________________
> GET FREE SMILEYS FOR YOUR IM & EMAIL - Learn more at http://www.inbox.com/smileys
> Works with AIM®, MSN® Messenger, Yahoo!® Messenger, ICQ®, Google Talk™ and most webmails
> 
> 
> ................ 



-- 
Once you go BSD, you don't need a Surface.


More information about the freebsd-gnome mailing list