yelp update ?

Jeremy Messenger mezz.freebsd at gmail.com
Thu May 10 13:50:33 UTC 2012


On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 6:40 AM, Ronald F. Guilmette
<rfg at tristatelogic.com> wrote:
>
>
> Excuse me if this is an impertinent question, but could someone please tell
> me why the FreeBSD port of yelp has not been updated since Sept 28, 2010?

Because it's latest version of GNOME 2.x. You should ask GNOME folks
why they stopped update the 2.x version.

> I ask because, as it happens, there was a small but critical change made
> to one of the files in yelp quite along time ago, and in the absence of
> this small change, the built-in Help functionality of gthumb, evince,
> braceros, and dog only knows how many other Gnome applications simply
> will not work.
>
> The change in question is as follows:

All of your reports in last a few days are already in the PR in a few
weeks ago with patch available. Before you ask me why I do not commit
it? Because I have GNOME 3 installed and I can't test GNOME 2 until I
uninstall GNOME 3 and test GNOME 2 to allow me to touch a lot of PRs.

Cheers,
Mezz


> *** yelp.desktop.in.in-20100803124138   2010-08-03 12:41:38.000000000 -0700
> --- yelp.desktop.in.in  2012-05-10 04:39:24.000000000 -0700
> ***************
> *** 3,7 ****
>  _Comment=Get help with GNOME
>  OnlyShowIn=GNOME;
> ! Exec=yelp
>  Icon=help-browser
>  StartupNotify=true
> --- 3,7 ----
>  _Comment=Get help with GNOME
>  OnlyShowIn=GNOME;
> ! Exec=yelp %u
>  Icon=help-browser
>  StartupNotify=true
> _______________________________________________
> freebsd-gnome at freebsd.org mailing list
> http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo/freebsd-gnome
> To unsubscribe, send any mail to "freebsd-gnome-unsubscribe at freebsd.org"


-- 
mezz.freebsd at gmail.com - mezz at FreeBSD.org
FreeBSD GNOME Team
http://www.FreeBSD.org/gnome/ - gnome at FreeBSD.org


More information about the freebsd-gnome mailing list