gtk20 and gtk30

Koop Mast kwm at rainbow-runner.nl
Mon Oct 10 22:10:36 UTC 2011

On 10-10-2011 20:28, Olivier Duchateau wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've just send PR [1] to update www/midori.
>
> I wonder if gtk20 and gtk30 are able to run together, because with
> this version, there's beginning of gtk3 support (it's still
> experimental). Perhaps for the next version, we will be able to add
> new option ?
>
> [1] http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=161466

Yes gtk20 and gtk30 can live together. What you can't do is mixing gtk 2
and gtk 3 widgets. So a application needs to be linked to only gtk2 or
gtk3 not both. The application will tell you in console if that happens.

We got webkit-gtk3 in MC, if you want to try that. Personally I think we
should wait a little bit before switching, or adding a option for it.

-Koop