Anything I can do to help: GNOME FreeBSD related? yes

Jeremy Messenger mezz.freebsd at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 04:33:04 UTC 2011

On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 10:39 PM, Super Bisquit <superbisquit at gmail.com> wrote:
> Okay. I cvs'ed the ports tree and copied them into my ports tree.
> Building gnome3 now.

After you finished with the build. Be sure to update it again by
'marcusmerge -u' then update your installed ports. I have fixed a few
stuff in there recently. I now have fully desktop function after
installed the x11/gnome3 and x11/xorg. Still more stuff that need to
be fixed.

The gnome-shell can be installed if you want it by enable
WITH_GNOME_SHELL=yes in x11/gnome3. I don't have any issue with
gnome-shell, but kwm has issues. The gnome-shell requires a good video
driver. I am using nvidia-driver. kwm has, I think, ati driver. The
gnome-session will check if your video driver is good or bad. If bad,
it will fall back to classic session like GNOME 2 with metacity and
gnome-panel. If you don't install gnome-shell, it will fall back to
classic session too.

> On 3/15/11, Super Bisquit <superbisquit at gmail.com> wrote:
>> The module name I will need to check out?

ports module. It is default in the marcusmerge script, so all you have
to do at the first checkout.

sh marcusmerge

To update it:

sh marcusmerge -u