icon for optical disk

Alberto Villa avilla at freebsd.org
Thu Mar 10 12:01:23 UTC 2011

On Thursday 10 March 2011 12:32:02 Alberto Villa wrote:
> googling for info.category examples, though, reveals only simple
words
> for it on linux (volume, storage...). a linuxism, maybe?

yes, both linux and solaris backends don't set volume.disc and
storage.cdrom, then it might be safe to do the same on freebsd (which
is the only system where that happens). apparently freebsd does the
right thing, but linux developers all over the world have sticked to the
linux convention breaking software here and there. i don't think that
this kde issue is the only one in the world, so, who knows, we might end
up fixing other small issues

anyway, apart from net.* stuff (which works like this on linux too), no
other categories contain more than one word

> i'll try to get our hal behave as in linux, and we'll see

cd /usr/ports/sysutils/hal/files && patch < $attached_patch
then, reinstall hal and restart its service
http://people.FreeBSD.org/~avilla

You will attract cultured and artistic people to your home.