Upgrading evolution-* -> evolution-plugin wrong version

Koop Mast kwm at rainbow-runner.nl
Thu Mar 3 13:24:25 UTC 2011

On Thu, 2011-03-03 at 13:16 +0100, Ewald Jenisch wrote:
> Hi,
>
> During a regular upgrade of my system I ran into a nasty problem wrt
> evolution, evolution-mapi,...:
>
> Their build ends with the following error message:
>
> ------------------------------ < Cut here > ------------------------------
> .
> .
> .
> checking for CAMEL... yes
> checking for EVOLUTION_PLUGIN... configure: error: Package
> requirements (evolution-plugin >= 2.31.1) were not met:
>
> Requested 'evolution-plugin >= 2.31.1' but version of evolution-plugin
> is 2.30.3
>
> ------------------------------ < Cut here > ------------------------------
>
> Where/how can I figure out where this "evolution-plugin" that seems to
> be the wrong version comes from, so I can upgrade this port?

The message above is evolution-* telling you it want a newer version of
mail/evolution (which supplies evolution-plugin). Basically you need to
update your installed ports first before the port that gave the
warning.

I don't know how your upgrading but you might want to take a look at
ports-mgmt/portmaster. Which is a tool to update your installed ports.
It also will update ports in order, for example it will update
mail/evolution before mail/evolution-mapi.

-Koop