disk volumes under "places" in file manager

R Skinner rocky at herveybayaustralia.com.au
Tue Dec 27 08:04:56 UTC 2011

I've been advised to try this list for these specifics, and as it is
only transient I'm not subscribed; so if you could ensure to cc me in
the replies it would be appreciated.

I've searched high and low to find an answer to this, but just keep
getting wound up in knots. I would like to know how to add "places" to
the sidebar of the file manager (nautilus or whatever)- how is it done?
Is there a config file for it like bookmarks? A dbus call? GConf?

However it is done it is very obscure- but then most things are with
this DE.

Cheers