problem with autoconf detecting gtk version on FreeBSD 8.2

Koop Mast kwm at rainbow-runner.nl
Tue Aug 30 16:21:34 UTC 2011

On 30-8-2011 17:15, Joseph Mingrone wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I sent the message below to the autoconf bug list, but was told this
> "looks like a gtk/pkg-config question".  The ports autoconf-2.68 and
> gtk-2.24.5_1 are installed with default options.
> The contents of config.log following.  If I've missed anything, please
> let me know.
configure:8447: result: yes
configure:8457: checking for gtk_status_icon_new in -lgtk-x11-2.0
configure:8482: gcc -o conftest -g -O2 -I/usr/local/include
conftest.c -lgtk-x11-2.0>&5
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lgtk-x11-2.0
configure:8482: $? = 1
configure: failed program was:

I think that you should do the following:
Now that you know pkg-config can find gtk 2.0. Use the pkg-config --libs
and --cflags options, so the check above looks in all the right places.
On the other hand you could just put a version check in the GTK check
earlier :)

Hope this gets you going.

-Koop