HAL issues

Kevin Oberman kob6558 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 05:37:34 UTC 2011

On Sat, Jul 30, 2011 at 8:59 PM, Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus at freebsd.org> wrote:
> On 7/27/11 6:45 PM, Kevin Oberman wrote:
>> Joe,
>>
>> It's taken a while, but here is verbose output from hald showing the problems.
>> Seems like I need to trigger a re-taste to get hald to proceed, but there are
>> still issues with the contents of /media/.hal-mtab.
>>
>> The attached log is annotated to explain what is triggering the output.
>>
>> Hope this helps! Let me know if other information would help.
>
> Try http://www.marcuscom.com/downloads/patch-hald_freebsd_hf-storage.c
>
> Joe

No difference that I can see. When I plug the disk in, nothing
happens. lshal only reports da0. If I do a geli attach of da0s3, all
three file systems mount. All is as it should be. If I unmount all of
them and disconnect/re-connect, nothing mounts, again. If I
fsck_msdosfs /dev/da0s2, it mounts all three filesystems, but the file
system on da0s1 is not added to .hal-mtab, so I have to edit the file
to unmount it.

All of this is exactly what was happening prior to the latest patch.
The annotated hald verbose output is attached, though it may or may
not be useful.

If I get a bit of time, I'll build hald for debugging an see if I can
find out what is happening. I've read enough of the code that I may be
able to figure out what is needed. I assume that you don't have any
disks configured to do this.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer - Retired
E-mail: kob6558 at gmail.com