Gnome-shell fail

Peter Ulrich Kruppa ulrich at pukruppa.de
Fri Apr 8 13:41:04 UTC 2011

Hi!

On Fri, 8 Apr 2011, Rafael Caesar Lenzi wrote:

> Em qui, 7/4/11, Jeremy Messenger <mezz.freebsd at gmail.com> escreveu:
>> On Thu, Apr 7, 2011 at 11:49 AM,
>> Rafael Caesar Lenzi
>> <rc_lenzi at yahoo.com.br>
>> wrote:
>> > Hi, i had compiled all gnome3 stuff, but then
>> gnome-shell fail when try started.
>> > Anyone have this problem?
>>
>> No problem here. You need to explain more what you mean by
>> 'fail'.
>
> When i make a login in gdm, it shows a message:
> 'Oh no! Something has gone wrong.
>
> A problem has occcured and the system can't recover.
> Please log out and try again.'
>
> The full log is attached.
I have seen these lines too when I tried starting gnome-shell
manually.

 	---------------------------
     JS ERROR: !!!   Exception was: Error: Requiring
NetworkManager, version
none: Typelib file for namespace 'NetworkManager' (any version)
not found
     JS ERROR: !!!     lineNumber = '0'
     JS ERROR: !!!     fileName = 'gjs_throw'
     JS ERROR: !!!     stack = 'Error("Requiring NetworkManager,
version
none: Typelib file for namespace 'NetworkManager' (any version)
not
found")@:0
[...]

What do they mean?