a GTK-using application crashes, when LANG is set to non-UTF8

Mikhail T. mi+thun at aldan.algebra.com
Sat Jul 3 04:31:16 UTC 2010

Joe Marcus Clarke написав(ла):
>>     -CONFIGURE_ENV= CPPFLAGS="-I${LOCALBASE}/include" \
>>     +CONFIGURE_ENV= CFLAGS="-D__STDC_ISO_10646__" \
>>     +               CPPFLAGS="-I${LOCALBASE}/include" \
>>

>> Or, perhaps, this can be controlled by the the glib20-port's
>> "COLLATION_FIX" knob? If so, then it should be set /on/ by default...
>>
>> Would it speed things up, if I file an (urgent) PR regarding this? I
>> think, it would be prudent to ship 8.1 with this problem resolved...
>> Please, advise. Thanks!
>>

> What affects does this have on UTF-8 locales?  I briefly read through
> the related Solaris bug, and it seems like adding this definition could
> cause crashes for UTF-8 users.

I believe, Ivan tested both on his system -- he own charset is usually
UTF-8. Ivan, could you confirm, please?
That said, I don't think, the Solaris bug mentions crashes for UTF-8
users either way...

We need a solution of some sort. I'm surprised, this hasn't been
reported yet... The utf8_collate function in glib, pretty much, has two
different implementations #ifdef-ed by the __STDC_ISO_10646__. Can
anybody on this thread ask the glib developers, what the right use of
the define is?

Thanks!

    -mi