Is there something wrong with the default dbus policy?

Kevin Oberman oberman at es.net
Fri Jul 2 14:49:30 UTC 2010

> From: Koop Mast <kwm at rainbow-runner.nl>
> Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2010 11:45:07 +0200
> Sender: owner-freebsd-gnome at freebsd.org
>
> On Thu, 2010-07-01 at 22:07 +0800, Bear wrote:
> > hi,
> > I just found a problem of dbus. I installed xorg and gnome2-lite via pkg_add -r with PACKAGESITE = 8-stable. Then I added dbus_enable="YES" and hald_enable="YES" into /etc/rc.conf and mounted /proc. I also sure that my localhost and my host name with domain name is pingable.
> > My ~/.xinitrc is list below:
> > exec ck-launch-session gnome-session
>
> Try "exec ck-launch-session dbus-launch --exit-with-session gnome-session"
> This should get you a dbus process to talk to.

Thanks, Koop!

What is "ck-launch-session"? I previously had just "exec dbus-launch
--exit-with-session gnome-session" in my .xinitrc file.

Startup is still generating a bunch of errors, but the gnome-session
ones seem to have vanished. I will get more time to see how things are
working over the weekend (a long on in the US).
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)