ports/134122: multimedia/totem build fails

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Fri May 8 11:30:04 UTC 2009

The following reply was made to PR ports/134122; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Jeremy Messenger" <mezz7 at cox.net>
To: "Joe Kelsey" <joe at zircon.seattle.wa.us>
Cc: bug-followup at freebsd.org
Subject: Re: ports/134122: multimedia/totem build fails
Date: Fri, 08 May 2009 06:26:22 -0500

 On Thu, 07 May 2009 22:07:46 -0500, Joe Kelsey <joe at zircon.seattle.wa.us>
 wrote:

 > Jeremy Messenger wrote:
 >> marcus means that we want you to follow this:
 >> http://www.freebsd.org/gnome/docs/bugging.html
 >>
 >> The multimedia/gstreamer-plugins has what the Totem's configure is
 >> looking for.
 >>
 > This is, in fact, a false statement.  I performed the action of

 Uh? You can't say that because you have no clue. See here:

 ---------------------------------------
 # gst-inspect-0.10 playbin | grep /lib
    Filename:		/usr/local/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstplaybin.so

 # grep playbin /usr/ports/multimedia/gstreamer-plugins/pkg-plist
 lib/gstreamer-%%VERSION%%/libgstplaybin.la
 lib/gstreamer-%%VERSION%%/libgstplaybin.so
 ---------------------------------------

 > portupgrade -f gstreamer\*
 >
 > at least THREE times before submitting a bug report.  Joe, apparantly,
 > did not care to pay attention to what I wrote.
 >
 > I could not determine any emthod of solving the problem since no clues
 > existed anywhere on my system that I could find.  No trace of anything
 > missing or not properly installed realted to gstreamer.  No clue where
 > to find this mysterious "playbin" program without individually looking
 > at every single uninstalled port on the system and searching for the
 > file.
 >
 > The only thing that I could determine on my own was that totem kept not
 > building.
 >
 > The completely unhelpful message from marcus simply told me to do what I
 > had already done over, and over, and over and did not answer the
 > specific question that I asked:  Where the heck is "playbin" and why
 > don't I have it?

 Already pointed you there about that it's in gstreamer-plugins. Can't help
 you without have you follow the bugging.html, because I have no and no
 clue without your detail.

 > /Joe
 >
 >> Cheers,
 >> Mezz