Evolution timezone declaration conflict

Gary Dunn knowtree at aloha.com
Mon Mar 30 00:11:13 PDT 2009

On Tue, 2009-03-24 at 10:04 +0000, knowtree at aloha.com wrote:
> > Just did a clean install of FreeBSD 7.1 RELEASE and am building Gnome
> > 2.24. After a few stops I realized I should have run portupgrade -a after
> > portsnap, so I did and from then on the gnome2 build went well until
> > evolution. BTW, I enabled Spam Assassin, but when that failed I did make
> > config and unchecked that option. Now the build fails in a widget.

[snip]

> Since I have not gotten any response on this issue I will Start over from
> scratch tonight. This is my plan. If I am missing something please let me know.
>
> 1. Install from DVD, enable newfs to wipe slices clean, select "All"
> distribution, agree to install ports collection.
>
> 2. portsnap fetch
>
> 3. portsnap extract
>
> 4. Do the Gnome2 steps in /usr/ports/UPGRADING
>
> 5. portupgrade -a
>
> 6. cd /usr/ports/x11/gnome2
>
> 7. make install
>
> 8. make clean
>
> Again, if this is wrong, or if there is a better way, please let me know.
>
> Gary Dunn
> Open Slate Project
> Honolulu

Hi folks, I'm back! Very happy with my new build. Best news is the mouse
pointer glitch is gone.

I followed the steps above EXCEPT I had to install portupgrade between
steps 4 and 5 and I used batch mode in step 7 (make -DBATCH install).
Step 1 took 30 minutes, step 5 took about two hours and I let step 7 run
unattended all night. No glitches this time. Did fifth toe and office
the following night.

This week I'll write up the process in more detail on the Open Slate
wiki.

--
Gary Dunn, Honolulu
osp at aloha.com