2.26 before pots freeze?

knowtree at aloha.com knowtree at aloha.com
Fri Mar 27 13:28:19 PDT 2009

> Any idea if 2.26 will make it to the ports before the freeze prior to
> the release of 7.2?
> --
> R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
> Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)
> E-mail: oberman at es.net			Phone: +1 510 486-8634
> Key fingerprint:059B 2DDF 031C 9BA3 14A4  EADA 927D EBB3 987B 3751

Here in Honolulu my pots never freeze  :->

Seriously, though, I concur with this thought. When 7.1 RELEASE came out I
decided to try installing from a DVD. My hope was that after that one big
download I could build Gnome without pulling tarballs from all over the
'net.  Turns out the DVD still had 2.22. Not much gained.

Coordinating release dates between the kernel team and the Gnome team would
do a lot to make FreeBSD attractive as a desktop solution.

Gary Dunn
Open Slate Project
Honolulu