Evolution Stability Issues

Frank Jahnke jahnke at sonatabio.com
Thu Mar 12 18:16:24 PDT 2009

I am having stability issues with Evolution 2.24.4 on Gnome
2.24.3/7-STABLE.  One is when I delete spam one after another (no
filtering is set up yet) Evolution freezes and must be forced to quit.

In the other case I cannot print: Evolution crashes.  I have cups
installed and surprisingly it works well with every other application.
It was installed after Gnome.  Also, I can print from the "print
preview" window, though the margins are a bit odd.

Invoking Evolution from the command line does not give any useful hints.
I would be happy to compile with debug symbols if that would help.

Suggestions would be appreciated.

Frank