alacarte broken?

Marco Beishuizen mbeis at xs4all.nl
Sun Jun 28 12:09:44 UTC 2009

On Sun, 28 Jun 2009, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:

> Marco Beishuizen wrote:
>> On Sat, 27 Jun 2009, Marco Beishuizen wrote:
>>
>>> I saw something about python in /usr/ports/UPDATING, and I am trying
>>> to upgrade to python26 first. Perhaps this helps.
>>
>> I upgraded python the way described in UPDATING. Now everything related
>> to python is broken. How do I fix this?
>>

> You must not have followed the instructions correctly.  Exactly what did
> you do to upgrade Python?
>
> Joe

I did what UPDATING described: portupgrade -o lang/python26 lang/python25,
and after that: cd /usr/ports/lang/python && make upgrade-site-packages.

Because a lot of programs were broken I installed python25 again, and
everything seem to work again, except the gnome-about program. It
complains about not finding pygtk. I reinstalled that too but this didn't
help.

--
Lactomangulation, n.:
 	Manhandling the "open here" spout on a milk carton so badly