missing library

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Sun Nov 2 08:06:17 PST 2008

On Sun, 02 Nov 2008 08:44:56 -0600, Christopher G D Tipper
<chris.tipper at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have had FreeBSD 7.0 since June and have run portsnap/portugrade a
> couple
> of times since then, the most recent being 1st November.
>
> Evolution has failed almost since I installed it: it only ever worked
> from
> the 7.0 RELEASE installation, and then failed after the first update:

It looks like you did the downgraded from -CURRENT (8.0) to 7.0-R? There
is no such of libgssapi.so.10 in ports tree, and FreeBSD 7.x and below. I
don't have any -CURRENT machine, but in my RELENG_7 only has
libgssapi.so.9 so I image that the libgssapi.so.10 should be from
-CURRENT. If you upgrade or downgrade in different of FreeBSD's major
version then you always have to rebuild/reinstall all of your installed
ports.

>> evolution &
> [1] 3399
>> /libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libgssapi.so.10" not found,
>> required
> by "evolution"
>
> [1]    Exit 1                        evolution
>
> Also the clock applet failed with a similar message.
>
> | The panel encountered a problem when loading "OAFID:GNOME_ClockApplet"
> | Do you want to delete the applet from your configuration?
>
>> /usr/X11R6/libexec/clock-applet
> /libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libgssapi.so.10" not found,
> required by
> "clock-applet"
>
> As far as I am concerned if this library is not found, then it is not
> generated by the portupgrade process. I can't see any way round this
> except
> to fix the build.

FreeBSD GNOME Team