Firefox 3 not accessible with Orca

Peter Laursen orca at tdlsoftware.org
Thu Jul 31 07:48:15 UTC 2008

>> on

>> FF3.

>> release I

>> > That's good to hear.  Are you using the same version of orca on Ubuntu
>> > as on FreeBSD?
>>
>> Yes, I was using the exact same version.
>>
>>   I was able to find http://live.gnome.org/Orca/Firefox
>> > which talkes about orca and FF3.  Anything here make sense?
>>
>> Yes, it just described the installation procedure (which I followed on
>> Ubuntu). On FreeBSD, I compiled it from ports. What version of Gecko is
>> FF
>> 3 built with on FreeBSD? Ubuntu uses Gecko 1.9 as far as I know.
>
> Can you go to https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/2407 ,
> install this addon, then go to about:accessibilityenabled and see if
> AT-SPI support is enabled?

I have been unable to install the ad-on on FreeBSD (I am blind, so I
couldn't use the browser). On Ubuntu and the latest official Firfox
version, the add-on reportet that "Firefox currently does not have
accessibility API support active." It still worked, though.

At about the same time I sent the initial email to this list, I wrote the
developers of Orca. I have received no reply as of yet.

Peter.