Firefox 3 not accessible with Orca

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Wed Jul 30 18:45:48 UTC 2008

On Wed, 30 Jul 2008 13:17:37 -0500, Peter Laursen <orca at tdlsoftware.org>
wrote:

>>> since

>>> on

>>> There is nothing in the user interface as far as I know. Every release
>>> ever downloaded when I used Ubuntu was pre-compiled and it worked
>>> straight
>>> out of the box.

>>> Orca works with all the other applications I have tried - Evolution,
>>> OpenOffice, the only one it does not work with is Firefox 3.
>>
>> That's good to hear.  Are you using the same version of orca on Ubuntu
>> as on FreeBSD?
>
> Yes, I was using the exact same version.
>
>   I was able to find http://live.gnome.org/Orca/Firefox
>> which talkes about orca and FF3.  Anything here make sense?
>
> Yes, it just described the installation procedure (which I followed on
> Ubuntu). On FreeBSD, I compiled it from ports. What version of Gecko is
> FF
> 3 built with on FreeBSD? Ubuntu uses Gecko 1.9 as far as I know.

Our Firefox 3 is using its own Gecko 1.9. I am stupid on orca and
accessibility, so I am not sure how to help you. I just know that our
Firefox 3 does enable it by default.

# pwd
/usr/ports/www/firefox3
# make configure
[...]
# grep ACCESSIBILITY  work/mozilla/mozilla-config.h
#define ACCESSIBILITY 1
#define MOZ_ACCESSIBILITY_ATK 1

But I don't know why it doesn't work thought.

> Peter.
>
>> Joe
>>
>> --
>> PGP Key : http://www.marcuscom.com/pgp.asc