ports/125993: www/firefox3 is unusable

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Wed Jul 30 17:12:58 UTC 2008

On Sun, 27 Jul 2008 15:30:07 -0500, Joe Kelsey <joe at zircon.seattle.wa.us>
wrote:

> The following reply was made to PR ports/125993; it has been noted by
> GNATS.
>
> From: Joe Kelsey <joe at zircon.seattle.wa.us>
> To: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org, joe at zircon.seattle.wa.us
> Subject: Re: ports/125993: www/firefox3 is unusable
> Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2008 13:22:31 -0700
>
>  Now, since totem USED to work flawlessly in firefox2, but it causes a
>  coredump in forefox3, that means that firefox3 is BROKEN.  I am really
>  sorry that it took you 3 weeks to notice that firefox3 was broken, but I
>  noticed the firest day it was released and submitted a PR.  Just because
>  you don't pay attention to it does not matter to me.  I reported that
>  totem core dumps firefox3 immediately.

Weird, now I have totem works with firefox3 and it was built with
firefox2. I am not sure what has happened, but when I was working on new
USE_WEBPLUGINS[1] and I reinstalled totem to use it. I accidented have
USE_WEBPLUGINS to install all browsers even include linux. However, the
totem plugins work perfect in firefox3 without get firefox3 crashes. It
does not happen before. It's possible that 2.0.0.16 has fixed or something
else that got fixed. But, you can try to reinstall totem with firefox
2.0.0.16, then copy totem plugins in your ~/.mozilla/plugins to see if
it's fixed for you too. Or maybe it was fixed in Firefox 3.0.1. I am
clueless at the moment.

I am marking totem with plugins works with gecko18 and gecko19 in MC
ports-stable. The MC ports-stable isn't complete ready, so I will giving a
head up when it's ready.

[1]
http://www.marcuscom.com:8080/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/ports-stable/www/mplayer-plugin/Makefile.webplugins

FreeBSD GNOME Team