window repositioning problem

tcb tcberner at gmail.com
Mon Jul 28 19:51:27 UTC 2008

Hi

I'm using two monitors via nvidia's TwinView. And I see some problems
in day-to-day use of gnome.

Oftentimes windows get opend on the second monitor -- which is, what
I want -- but then, after a blink, get moved to the first monitor,
without any actions of myself.
An other scenario where this happens, is eg, when I have a maximized
nautilus running on the second monitor, and use drag-and-drop out of
file-roller to extract a file. Then, often nautilus jumps to the first
monitor.

Applications I noticed the spontaneous-window-moving-behaviour are eg
nautilus, evince and firefox.

It's a quite annoying behaviour, as you always have to look for your
windows.

Has anyone else noticed this behaviour?

tcb