Help required: how to add a patch to gnome-commmander2 port?

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Sun Jul 27 16:42:29 UTC 2008

On Sun, 27 Jul 2008 06:04:29 -0500, Jens Rehsack <rehsack at web.de> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I tried to update x11-fm/gnome-commander2/ to it's current version,
> but there was an error in the ./configure script.
> Piotr sent me a patch (modified version attached with applies cleanly
> to the port), but it patched the configure.in and the port assumes
> autoconf has been already run.
>
> Is it enough to add autoconf to the USE_AUTOTOOLS line or do I have
> check/add sth. else?

You can either patch in configure or configure.in with USE_AUTOTOOLS. If
you want to keep patch in configure.in. I would do like this:

USE_AUTOTOOLS=	autoconf:262:env
GNU_CONFIGURE=	yes

[...]

pre-configure:
	@(cd ${WRKSRC} && ${SETENV} ${AUTOTOOLS_ENV} ${AUTORECONF} -W none)

The autoreconf will rebuild configure file. If you still need to patch in
configure after rebuild, then add REINPLACE_CMD under it. You can read
book here:

http://sourceware.org/autobook/autobook/autobook_43.html
For instance, whenever you edit `configure.in', you must remember to
re-run aclocal in case you added a reference to a new macro. You must also
rebuild `configure' by running autoconf; `config.h' by running autoheader,
in case you added a new AC_DEFINE; and automake to propagate any new
AC_SUBSTs to the various `Makefile.in's. If you edit a `Makefile.am', you
must re-run automake. In both these cases, you must then remember to
re-run config.status --recheck if `configure' changed, followed by
config.status to rebuild the `Makefile's.

In your case, I think run autoreconf is good enough. But you can use
'USE_AUTOTOOLS=autoconf:262' without add pre-configure/GNU_CONFIGURE if
you prefer. Read in Mk/bsd.autotools.mk for more info too.

> Thanks in advance,
> Jens

FreeBSD GNOME Team