ports/125993: www/firefox3 is unusable

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Sat Jul 26 23:40:06 UTC 2008

The following reply was made to PR ports/125993; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Jeremy Messenger" <mezz7 at cox.net>
To: bug-followup at freebsd.org, joe at zircon.seattle.wa.us
Subject: Re: ports/125993: www/firefox3 is unusable
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2008 18:39:46 -0500

 Your #1 problem: It's known and it will be solve whomever have motivative
 to fix it. Maybe I should just remove that lib/browser_plugins patch for
 firefox3, so the users will have to add plugins in firefox3 directory by
 manual for a bit while until whomever fix it.

 Your #2 problem: It's well known issue in Linux world too. It's because of
 suck video driver, so nothing we can do.

 Your #3 problem: I can't reproduce it and you don't even provide us
 details, so your report is useless.

 Your UPDATING: No need to add thing in UPDATING, and we can't remove
 firefox2. It's still maintaining and use by many users that aren't ready
 for firefox3. Also, a lot of ports work with it. Not many apps have been
 ported to firefox3 yet. Plus, it's stable than firefox3.

 > Install firefox3. Watch everything on the system break.

 Bullshit, it doesn't break system unless you have any of proof.

 FreeBSD GNOME Team