make errors?

Nic Reveles Nic.Reveles at gatech.edu
Wed Jul 16 00:30:56 UTC 2008

Hi!

Sorry if I am sending this to the wrong place... I noticed this is the address of the port maintainer for ORBit2, and so I assume that means its okay to send persisting installation errors. I have updated the port tree with both "ports-all" and "src-all". I am running FreeBSD 6.3-STABLE on an AMD64 processor.

"make install" encounters errors in the code:
orbit-idl-driver.c:43 error: 'G_GNUC_PRETTY_FUNCTION' undeclared (first use of this function)

Through google I discovered that if I remove the following line from a bunch of the Makefiles the error goes away, however then further errors come up.

DISABLE_DEPRECATED_CFLAGS = -DG_DISABLE_DEPRECATED

But removing these lines from complaining directories causes:
/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libglib-2.0.so.600" not found

Is there an easy solution to these problems? Once again--I appologize if I sent this to the wrong place!

Nic