CALL FOR TEST: Updates to pixmap, cairo, poppler, and firefox 3.0!

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Tue Jul 1 13:20:28 UTC 2008

On Tue, 01 Jul 2008 06:52:51 -0500, Andriy Gapon <avg at icyb.net.ua> wrote:

> on 01/07/2008 02:20 Jeremy Messenger said the following:
>> FYI: These have been committed in FreeBSD ports tree. You now can run
>> 'marcusmerge -U' to unmerge ports-stable and remove it. I will removing
>> everything in ports-stable tonight.
>
> I have some problems after this went into the tree, or so it seems.
> Example:
>
> $ cd /usr/ports/audio/scrobbler
> $ make describe
> "/usr/ports/Mk/bsd.gecko.mk", line 162: Inconsistent operator for
> post-patch
> make: fatal errors encountered -- cannot continue
> Exit 1

I can't reproduce it here.

---------------------------------
# make describe
scrobbler-0.3.8.1_7|/usr/ports/audio/scrobbler|/usr/local|XMMS/BMP plugin
for
Audioscrobbler.com|/usr/ports/audio/scrobbler/pkg-descr|novel at FreeBSD.org|audio||||/usr/ports/audio/libmusicbrainz
/usr/ports/devel/gmake /usr/ports/ftp/curl
/usr/ports/multimedia/beep-media-player
/usr/ports/multimedia/xmms|/usr/ports/audio/libmusicbrainz
/usr/ports/ftp/curl /usr/ports/multimedia/beep-media-player
/usr/ports/multimedia/xmms|http://www.audioscrobbler.com
---------------------------------

Did you tweak anything in make.conf or/and KNOB in audio/scrobbler? I
don't see any gecko stuff in scrobbler.

> It seems that this is because audio/scrobbler/Makefile has
> post-patch::
>
> While bsd.gecko.mk has
> post-patch: ...
>
> I am not sure if the port's Makefile uses '::' for a good reason.
> Also, it seems that this is not the only port that uses '::' for
> post-patch target.
>
> P.S. my system is 6.3/amd64, ports updated this morning using portsnap.

FreeBSD GNOME Team