Updated hal

Joe Marcus Clarke marcus at FreeBSD.org
Fri Jan 4 06:36:29 PST 2008

I've been working on updating our hal port to 0.5.10, and I'm close to
being done.  While I have PolicyKit 0.7 ported, I have not been able to
test it yet, and I wanted to get started on hal.  So what I'm about to
present has no PK support.

Here is a rough hal-0.5.10 port.  It is known to start, and work enough
for lshal.  It should provide at least as much functionality (except for
PK) as the 0.5.8 version with added Blu-Ray and HD-DVD support, and a
patch from Andriy Gapon to quiet audio CD probing.  You will have to
merge diffs from share/hal/dist/hal.conf to etc/dbus/system.d/hal.conf.

This port also requires an updated libvolume_id.  A diff for that is
also available.  Right now, I'm most interested in problems that differ
from the 0.5.8 port.

http://www.marcuscom.com/downloads/libvolume_id.diff
http://www.marcuscom.com/downloads/hal.diff

Joe Marcus Clarke
FreeBSD GNOME Team      ::      gnome at FreeBSD.org
FreeNode / #freebsd-gnome
http://www.FreeBSD.org/gnome