CURRENT, devbuf memory allocation and hald

Pascal Hofstee caelian at gmail.com
Thu Apr 17 18:17:17 UTC 2008

On Thu, 17 Apr 2008 10:04:33 -0400
Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus at marcuscom.com> wrote:

> > > hald itself is probably not triggering this.  You might try
> > > killing of the various addons, and see if you can rule out a
> > > particular addon, or a particular device.
> The easiest way is just to kill them.

I just got home and took the time to check which of the hal-addons was
responsible for triggering the steady increase of devbuf usage and i
found that the increase stopped as soon as i killed the
hald-addon-storage process for /dev/acd0.

/dev/acd0 is an LG CD/DVD-RW Burner in case that matters.

Any further suggestions in trying to find a fix are welcomed.

--
  Pascal Hofstee